This is one of our 3-course Collection on Acceptance Testing.
What is Acceptance Testing?
What's in this Course
The course starts with the question - "Why Acceptance Test?" and proceeds to explain:
- The team roles and responsibilities of Acceptance Testing
- Defining the Behaviour of the System
- Event Storming - Understanding Your Problem
- Capturing & Translating Requirements
- Specification by Example
- How Test First Improves Design,
- Properties of Good Acceptance Tests
- What to Test, and
- Techniques to write requirements, or "specifications" that describe WHAT we want the system to do, and not HOW it will do it.
In addition to video lessons, there is an exercise where you can put what you have learned into practice - creating specifications without technical implementation detail, and suggestions for further reading and exploration.
The course concludes by looking at the Scope of Acceptance Testing and Test Strategy.
- To understand the principles and processes of an Acceptance Test driven approach to software development
- To learn tools and techniques to analyse problems in a way that helps to determine which product features to develop.
- To learn team-work techniques that overcome the communications gap between 'the business' and 'the dev team'
- To learn how to create better, more outcome-focussed requirements
- To support the creation and maintenance of “Executable Specifications” that are not compromised by changes in the system under test.
Buy This Course
These courses are not a progression from 'basic' to 'advanced'. They are tailored to suit the different roles involved in software development. You only need the one course that's the best fit for you.
If you want to learn more about writing Stories, Examples and Executable Specifications, then the next course in the collection - "Acceptance Testing with BDD" may be a better course for you.