In this course, Dave Farley - the inventor of Deployment Pipelines, will share the information and techniques you need to:
- Learn these highly-valued and much sought-after DevOps Engineering skills.
- Know how to build an efficient Deployment Pipeline, to organise your software development efforts, to go from “idea to valuable software in the hands of users”.
- Generate ideas to optimise your Deployment Pipeline as the only route to production, improve your “Lead Time”, eliminate waste and deliver fast, to reduce your software production time by at least 50%.
- Have a Deployment Pipeline that optimises for learning: amplifies your skills and empowers your development team.
Study this On-Line Course at a Pace that Works for You.
With over 5 hours of video lessons, the same again in reading material and a 5-part practical exercise, this course has been designed to study flexibly and fit around your schedule.
- You could complete this course in 2-3 days, or
- Work incrementally to suit your schedule, and
- Take more time to reflect and practise what you have learned, between lessons.
- Start when you are ready. We typically leave your enrolment open for 3 months, which is usually plenty enough time to complete the course. But let us know if you get delayed for any reason and would like a bit more time.
The course starts with a quick recap of Continuous Delivery principles and then takes you through each stage of the Deployment Pipeline:
How to Build Your Next Deployment Pipeline
The Commit Cycle - Development Environment, Version Control, Commit Stage, Continuous Integration Strategies, Test Driven Development, and Artifact Repository
The Acceptance Cycle - Acceptance Stage, Manual Testing, Performance Testing, Testing Non-Functional Requirements, Testing Data Migration
Release Into Production
Whole Pipeline Considerations - Real World Example, Infrastructure as Code, Regulation & Compliance, Measuring Success.
This course is built around a series of 10 - 20 minute videos by Dave Farley, which comprise about 5 hours of video in total.
There are detailed written notes that accompany each lesson. These contain all the information from the videos and additional advice, tips and references for further reading and viewing so you can extend your learning.
Check Your Learning
There are regular review exercises, with multiple choice questions, throughout the course, to help you check your learning. (There is no pass/fail requirement.)
The Five Part "Deployment Pipeline Challenge"
Apply what you learn, as you go, by completing the Deployment Pipeline Challenge, to build and improve your pipeline, step-by-step.
About Your Instructor - Dave Farley:
- Pioneer and expert practitioner in CD, DevOps, TDD and software development in general.
- Author of the best-selling books on "Continuous Delivery" and "Modern Software Engineering".
- Inventor of Deployment Pipelines
- Creator of the CD YouTube channel
Dave has spent 25+ years developing world class software, and is passionate about helping software developers around the world to improve the design, quality and reliability of their software, by sharing his expertise through his consultancy, YouTube channel, and training courses.
Dave has reconfigured his successful live courses, into an on-line learning format, so you can study and practise these techniques at a time and a place that fits around your busy schedule.
What People Say About Dave's Training Courses:
"Until taking this course I thought I knew what CD was all about. I thought our pipelines were encapsulating all that CD had to offer. I was wrong. In this course you'll learn what CD is really about, both the technical disciplines as well as the business and cultural implications. If you truly want to delivery value into the hands of your customers then this course is for you!"
- Technical Lead
“This is a great course that covers practical aspects of, and explains the theory behind, the approach that makes a difference between the top performers and the rest of the world in today's software engineering. I highly recommend to deep dive into the details and taking all the advice presented during this course seriously… as data shows, it will result in better outcomes for you, your customers and your business”
- Principal Engineer
“I'm still trying to process all of the knowledge but I can tell you now that it was invaluable to my professional development in DevOps! Thank you!”
"It has helped me to know what great looks like and come up with a plan to get there. It's well put together. The worksheets encourage doing, rather than just consuming."
- Co. Founder
“The fact that Dave is one of the creators of the discipline and had successfully implemented it gives him huge credibility.”
- Senior Developer
"As busy team lead, I found that being able to pick up the course at times that suited me and the ability to work at my own pace was a much better learning experience than travelling to a live course."
- Software Team Lead